1.1. Personal data refers to data about an individual who can be identified from either that particular data, or from that data and other information which we have or are likely to have access to. Commonly collected personal data typically include, amongst other things, names, addresses, telephone (landline and mobile) numbers, e-mail addresses, identification numbers, nationalities, dates of birth, credit card information, medical, health and fitness data.
1.2. Wherever possible, we only collect personal data directly from you. Your data (including personal data where you are an individual) may be collected through the use of the System, or through marketing events such as road shows or any other means, for the purpose of providing our Services to you. In event that you are an organisation, company or entity collecting, using and/or disclosing personal data on behalf of individual(s), you agree to comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “Act”), including any amendments which may be issued from time to time and any regulations issued thereunder, except as otherwise exempted under the Act. Without limitation, this can occur during or before you:
sign up to receive information;
set up an ActiveSG Account;
provide any feedback or complaints through our System;
participate in any social media offerings (such as signing up through our Facebook page); and/or
participate in any marketing activity held by us or any of our Participants.
1.3. In addition to personal data provided to us, certain information related to you that are not considered personal data may also be collected. We collect this information to improve our System and Services. Such non-personal data may include information such as your IP address, the internet browser you use, details of your interaction with our System, preferences and information about your lifestyle or preferences such as your hobbies and interests and other types of non-personal data. We may also receive personal information about you from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. This may include information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties.
1.5. We collect personal data for various reasons. The data collected may serve one or many these purposes:
managing your ActiveSG and SportSync Accounts;
processing your registration and/or booking of programmes and/or facilities offered via the System;
to verify your identity and allow access to the programmes and/or facilities offered via the System;
to conduct market research, survey and/or analysis;
improving your experience on our System;
making the System easier to use and tailoring the System to your interests and needs;
suggesting products, services or programmes which we think may interest you, but only if you have given us your consent to do so;
offering you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions organised or co-organised by ActiveSG or any of the Participants, but only if you have given us your consent to do so.;
to fulfil a legal or regulatory requirement;
to respond to your queries and/or feedback;
informing you of updates and/or developments to programmes and facilities.
2.1.As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone. However, we may share your personal information with trusted third parties:
- Government agencies (or with non-Government entities which have been authorised to carry out specific Government services) to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
- National Sporting Associations;
- our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyze the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions;
- third parties required to deliver a service to you, such as a software provider or application developer;
- law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information;
- third parties who wish to send you information about their products and services, but only if you have given us your consent to do so;
- third party providers of services, such as data processing; or
- web analytics tool providers, such as Google.
2.2. We may share your personal data for the following reasons:
- reasons provided under this Term of Use;
- verification of your identity;
- processing booking transactions for the booking of facilities and programmes through our System;
- conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws; and
- to comply with a court order or other legal or regulatory requirements in the jurisdictions we operate.
2.3. In situations where a third party under contract with us collects personal data about you, we will require the third party to exercise reasonable care in protecting your information.
2.4. For your convenience, we may also display to you the personal data you had previously supplied us or other Government agencies. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of public services to you.
2.5. The System may contain links to non-Government systems whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices and/or policies of those Systems.
3.1 To safeguard your data, all electronic storage and transmission of data is secured with appropriate security technologies. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect your personal data and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our security protocols to ensure that your personal data is not subject to unnecessary risks.
4.3 If you have any inquiries relating to our privacy statement or enquiries about personal data that you have earlier supplied to us, please contact us at email@example.com